Saturday, June 1, 2013

Where did the name Artistic Vegan come from?

My mom would take me with her to art class when I was a little girl and it really touched me. She is an unbelievable artist; check out some of her art by clicking here. I dabbled a little growing up and started painting more in my early-mid 20's. I find it exhilarating and releasing. My mom taught me to just have fun. If you mess up, paint over it. I love that freedom.

Vegan cooking is similar in that it's very forgiving and offers a lot of room for creativity. If it doesn't turn out, add a different ingredient or use it in something else. I try not to waste fresh produce, which can force me to be creative. In turn, I end up creating my most savory dishes in that moment of freedom.

With my combined passion for art and cooking, Artistic Vegan was born!

 It only made sense to make a painting!


What is one ingredient that is key in what I cook and paint? LOVE! Having fun, enjoying the moment, and allowing myself to let go is perhaps the best part. The end result of a something homemade is also very satisfying.

Give it a try - you just might have fun!


Want to know more about me? Check out my website

Like me on Facebook today!

No comments:

Post a Comment