With all the fresh produce I recently purchased I had to have some fun and play with my food. When I was growing up I loved finger foods. If I could eat it with my hands I was so happy! It turns out that love never went away.
I wanted something delicious, quick and easy for dinner this weekend so I started some quinoa in my rice cooker. I find it's the easiest and quickest way to make quinoa. While the quinoa was cooking, I put on some tunes. It really helps the creative juices flow.
While I grooved to the tunes, I chopped up some veggies. I honestly let our food processor do the work as much as possible. It makes it quick and easy. The colors are so BRIGHT and VIBRANT! Aren't they beautiful!
I heated some corn tortillas on the stove over low heat in my wok! It worked great since it gets so hot, who knew! I added enchilada sauce with taco seasoning to the quinoa, placed it in a warm tortilla and topped it with fresh veggies. It made 6 tacos for dinner and leftovers!
Fresh Quinoa Tacos for dinner! Yum!
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:||Total Time:||Makes:|
|10 min||20 min||30 min||10 Tacos|
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp enchilada sauce
- To taste: Taco seasoning
- Top with favorite veggies! I used aprox: 2 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 2 serrano peppers, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/4 red onion, 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 10 corn tortillas
- Add water to quinoa and cook in rice cooker. It will take about 20 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, chop fresh veggies.
- Begin heating corn tortillas on stovetop and cover to retain heat and moisture.
- Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pre-cooked quinoa.
- Place seasoned quinoa on warm corn tortilla, top with fresh veggies and dig in!
In good health and happiness,
I'd LOVE to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com
Follow me on Facebook!
P.S. Today I'm working on my new site behind the scenes. It's new and fresh and much more user friendly! Pressure is on; my goal is to release the new site no later than July 4th! Once released, I'll begin posting from the new site. Exciting! :)Wishing you all a bright week!