Monday, June 24, 2013

Fresh Quinoa Taco's

With all the fresh produce I recently purchased I had to have some fun and play with my food. When I was growing up I loved finger foods. If I could eat it with my hands I was so happy! It turns out that love never went away. 
I wanted something delicious, quick and easy for dinner this weekend so I started some quinoa in my rice cooker. I find it's the easiest and quickest way to make quinoa. While the quinoa was cooking, I put on some tunes. It really helps the creative juices flow. 

While I grooved to the tunes, I chopped up some veggies. I honestly let our food processor do the work as much as possible. It makes it quick and easy. The colors are so BRIGHT and VIBRANT! Aren't they beautiful!


  I heated some corn tortillas on the stove over low heat in my wok! It worked great since it gets so hot, who knew! I added enchilada sauce with taco seasoning to the quinoa, placed it in a warm tortilla and topped it with fresh veggies. It made 6 tacos for dinner and leftovers!

 Fresh Quinoa Tacos for dinner! Yum!
 


I took the leftover quinoa and fresh veggies and mixed them together. The next day I heated up the quinoa 'n veggie mix, some tortillas, added some avocado on top and served it with fresh fruit on the side. It made 4 more tacos for a grand total of 10. Not bad! :) Economical, quick, easy and so tasty!



Prep Time:  Cook Time:  Total Time: Makes:
10 min 20 min 30 min 10 Tacos

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quinoa 
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 tbsp enchilada sauce
  • To taste: Taco seasoning
  • Top with favorite veggies! I used aprox: 2 avocado, 2 tomatoes, 2 serrano peppers, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/4 red onion, 1 cup chopped red cabbage
  •  10 corn tortillas 
Directions:
  1. Add water to quinoa and cook in rice cooker. It will take about 20 minutes to cook.
  2. Meanwhile, chop fresh veggies. 
  3. Begin heating corn tortillas on stovetop and cover to retain heat and moisture.
  4. Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pre-cooked quinoa.
  5. Place seasoned quinoa on warm corn tortilla, top with fresh veggies and dig in!

In good health and happiness,
Artistic Vegan

I'd LOVE to hear from you! Email me at artisticvegan@gmail.com

Follow me on Facebook!
Go to the CIS Facebook Group




P.S. Today I'm working on my new site behind the scenes. It's new and fresh and much more user friendly! Pressure is on; my goal is to release the new site no later than July 4th! Once released, I'll begin posting from the new site. Exciting! :)Wishing you all a bright week!

No comments:

Post a Comment