Monday, May 20, 2013

The Perfect Bar

Saturday we ventured to the farmer's market with Jerry's son. It was so much fun. I love seeing all the vendors, the creativity, the fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and the buzz of it all. By the afternoon I was fully loaded and inspired!

I was making a crust for a new dessert and my food processor stopped on me. I thought c'mon just a little more, but when I looked down, I noticed it was just the right consistency and I finally created the perfect bar! YES! I've been trying to create the ultimate whole-foods protein bar that is healthy and delicious and I just so happened to stumble upon it, love at last.

I decided to set the dessert aside and take advantage of the moment. I pressed them into shape, had a few bites to "taste" and went to heaven! I froze the balance and dare I say they may be even better frozen!


This bar is great because it's made from whole-food ingredients straight up from mother nature combined to make the ultimate treat! It tastes amazing and is good for you! It's the perfect snack for when you are on the go, at work, working out, hiking, biking, for your kids, friends, family etc! Plus not only is it vegan, but it's raw, gluten free, oil free, soy free and the bomb!



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup raw cashews
  • 1/4 cup raw almonds
  • 2 tbsp flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup dried pitted dates
  • 1/2 cup jumbo raisins
  • 2 tbsp homemade almond butter
  • 1 tbsp rice syrup 
  • 1-2 tbsp filtered water

Directions:
  1. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor
  2. Mix, push down the sides to mix thoroughly until well combined and desired consistency
  3. Shape into bars
  4. Keep on counter in a tupperware, in the fridge or freezer
Have fun with it! Use your favorite nuts, seeds and dried fruits! I can't wait to make more. Mine are already gone and I'm itching to make my next batch!



No comments:

Post a Comment