I can honestly say I had never tried fresh figs until I made this dessert. I'm so silly and didn't think to buy dried figs for fig newtons so instead I made a fresh fig bar! It turned out absolutely delicious. Jerry went wild for them! I made them Wednesday and they're already gone! I can't wait to get some more fresh and dried figs to try other variations. Enjoy. ;)
- 1 package fresh black figs
- 2 fresh squeezed lemons - small or 1 normal
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Dash of water
- 2 tbsp agave
Crust / Topping:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup ground oats
- sea salt - 1/4 tsp or a few grinds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup + oil
- 2 scoops soy vanilla protein powder
- 1/8 cup agave
- 1/8 cup coconut nectar
- Preheat to 375
- Grease a 8" pie dish or whatever you have handy. :)
- Combine ingredients for filling in blender until it forms a thick consistency.
- Grind oats in food processor, combine other ingredients. Mix well.
- Place 1/2-3/4 of the crust mixture on greased pan and press out with hands until the dish is covered.
- Pour the topping mixture (I used a spatula) over the crust.
- Take the rest of the oat mixture and crumble on top. Pour a dash of agave on top.
- Bake 30 min.
- Let it cool completely (if possible), cut into squares and dive in! Serve with coconut ice cream for a sensational experience!